Thursday, July 1, 2010
June 28th: Appalachian Mountains
Today we drove up the Appalachian Mountains to Saluda, NC. We went tubing down the Green River. There were some very small rapids throughout the ride, so we had a good time. During the first set of rapid water, Hadley went in the river because she really wanted to feel the water with her hand and wouldn't sit down. Josh got to dive in and fish her out. Anders and Fischer both fell in the first set of rapids too, but after that they did fine. Katia rode with Alyssa for the first part, then asked to be with her mom after we stopped for lunch. When she and I started off, she said, "Mom, should we talk about life?" It was so funny. Katia also said the trees ruined her tan. I wonder where she got these sayings from? Katia said some of the rapids were just waves and others were just bumpy water. Hadley really needed to go pee at our lunch stop. I tried to tell her she could just go in the river, but she refused. She held it all the way until we got back to the car and went to change in some bathrooms. Hadley also took a good nap in her tube after lunch. I heard Fischer, Makenzie and Alyssa saw a snake in the water. Anders and Hallie had a great time with their tubes tied together. Hallie was the captain, and Anders was the crew. Whenever I saw them, Anders just sat there. It was so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment