Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 27th: Patriot's Point

Today we went to Patriot's Point in Charleston.  They have a section that has some things from the vietnam war set up to look at.

Then we toured the submarine.  Subs are so small inside, it's incredible.







Next we took a ferry........



to Fort Sumter

It was fun learning some of the history.  Anders learned what all the flags that fly over the fort are.  I thought it was cool to learn some of the details leading up to the start of the civil war, and how the fort was important in a few other battles as well.


Then we stopped for a bite to eat, then toured the USS Yorktown


I thought the aircraft carrier was really cool.  They had some airplanes on display.

  We got to tour some of the quarters where they ate and prepared food.  They had a recipe for 10,000 chocolate chip cookies.  That is our family's most favorite dessert, so I took a picture just in case we ever need to make that many.  I think it would take me years to bake them all.

 Here's the kids sitting where the captain or admiral would sit.  (Sorry I know nothing about navy terms.)
After Patriot's Point, we headed back to Charlotte.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think that should be your life's goal - make the 10,000 cookies recipe. LOL!!!