Thursday, June 18, 2009

JBGFR '09

(That stands for Joel & Becky Glassett Family Reunion)

We just got back from our family reunion yesterday. It was lots and lots of fun! It was my turn to be in charge, so it was a bit stressful from that perspective, but we had a great time! We all stayed in a house in Heber City, UT. It was a cute farmhouse that was just the right size.

Monday we braved the cooler temperatures and ominous clouds and went kayaking at Jordanelle Reservoir.




The kids got a little cold and took some reprieve in the warm car.


In the afternoon we hiked Cascade Springs.





Tuesday we did our own version of The Amazing Race--Family style.




Then in the afternoon we played some kickball. Sorry I didn't get pictures, I was participating.


We had some visitors every day.


There were cousins to play with and fun conversation. I hope the rest of my family had as much fun as I did. We don't get to see many of them very often so it was really good to spend three days together.

These are the pink-striped girls.






6 comments:

isshou ni said...

What fun! I am so glad you had such a great time! You will have to share some ideas with our family, too!

Emily K. said...

Looks like lots of fun. Careful, you might end up as Ward Activity leaders!

Karen said...

Looks like a great time! Glad it went well, and that the weather didn't pose too much of a problem.

(and I'll do my best to keep you safe from the activity leader job...)

Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Great planning and lots of fun! Now you get to breathe for a few years and someone else gets to do the planning! Awesome accomodations....how did you find them?

Emily said...

super fun time! Great pics. Let's do this again, say a couple of years? lol.

pan x 8 said...

What a great time! You've had a busy week!!

How funny, I thought I was on Emily's blog and I thought when I looked at the pictures, "Is Angela related to Emily???" What a brain fart but it did make me laugh! ;p