So Anders came home last week and told us that he'd won his class spelling bee, so he got to go to the finals for 3rd & 4th grade. They held that on Wednesday. (Side note: as a mom and knowing Anders as I do, I was kind of afraid, and proud at the same time. You see, he made it to the Math Bowl finals last year and didn't do well. He said it was because his buzzer didn't work very well, which I totally believe him because he's awesome at math, but it frustrated him a lot as you can imagine. So I was just afraid that he would get his hopes up and have them dashed, or just get frustrated with himself and be really upset, or get nervous and mess up in the first round or something. Anyway, you get the picture)
Wednesday I picked him up from school and I asked how he did. He got 3rd place! He said there was actually a four-way tie for third. Then I found out later he had to win the tie breaker so third was all his. Congratulations, Anders!
4 comments:
That is so awesome! Congrats Anders! He is such a smarty, wow!
Wow!!! That's great!
So glad he did so well.
Congratulations Anders!! Great job!
great job anders
Post a Comment