Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another BYU win! 21-3

Well, BYU has entered into conference play, so the wins will be a little tougher to come by. That being said, BYU beat New Mexico 21-3. The defense seemed to give up a lot of yards to their running backs, we still held them under 200 yds rushing and their starter under 100 yards. So that was a big deal. Also, when you hold your opponent to only 3 points, that is a good effort. In the last 4 games, BYU has only given up 17 points. They deserve a lot of credit for the effort.

The so called vaulted BYU offense seemed to struggle again. I couldn't decide if that was because BYU thinks too much of themselves or because of the defense the other team played. I know BYU scored 21 points, but they struggled throughout the game. The most frustrating part was that BYU didn't call a running play the entire 1st Qtr. And guess what?  We didn't score either. Once we started running the ball our offense started clicking.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, we did win 21-0, but I expect a lot more out of BYU against a team who lost their starting QB for their year, earlier in the season. 

Next up:  @TCU on Thursday night.  This will be a real challenge. BYU doesn't play as well at home, and TCU is looking to pay us back for last year's loss. I expect a close game. This is the one game I picked BYU to lose. Hopefully, I am wrong. 

No comments: