I had a wonderful extended weekend away from my house and, as much as I love them, my family. A HUGE thanks to my wonderful husband for taking the time off work to watch the kids and let me go!!!


Friday we went to the Cubs game! Even though, they lost we had a good time being at Wrigley Field. With the two extra tickets, my Mom invited a missionary couple who happened to have a son that lives in my ward - too funny. It rained right after we got into our seats and we were covered, so that was perfect timing. There was a delayed start because of the rain.

For awhile Joleen and I were afraid they would cancel it

and we weren't going to get to see a game. But they did play and looked really good until the sixth inning when Neal Cotts gave up six runs! It was pretty much downhill from there, and the Cubs ended up losing to the last place Nationals 13-5.

On Saturday, Joleen and I got to go downtown and be tourists. We tried to do some things one or the other of us had never done before. The train ride in, we had a lot of fun people watching. There was this very good looking guy that we nicknamed "Bo" and we named his friend "Jimmy". This is a not-so-great picture of Bo. I couldn't get a good picture because I was trying to be very discreet.

We started at the Sears Tower and went up to the sky deck. It was a mostly clear day, so we could see pretty far.




Next we walked to Millennium Park because neither of us had been there before. We saw the digital fountains and splashed in the water. It was a pretty hot day, so it felt good on our feet. Then we went to the infamous "bean" reflective sculpture.







Next we went to Buckingham Fountain because we love it. I didn't remember ever going there. Last we walked along Michigan Avenue and stopped to do some shopping. By the time we made it to Water Tower Place, we didn't have much shopping time left before we wanted to head back to catch the express train home.


3 comments:
It looks like you had a lot of fun. How nice to have a girls vacation. Good times.
Good for you, Angela! Looks like a really fun trip. I've never been sight-seeing around Chicago. Thanks for the tour.
*sigh* Now I'm homesick.
What fun for you and Fo.
Post a Comment