Well, we finally made it back to Utah on Sunday. The kids were really good in the car. Outside of the car, it's not the same exact story. On Saturday night, Katia who has been running a fever all week, woke up every half hour, which as you can imagine leaves a lasting affect on everyone. We made it home by 4:30, which was good so we could all start recuperating from our week long vacation.
Monday brought a new surprise. Angela woke up with the fever that Katia just kicked. I am sure the lack of sleep played a factor in all of this. Angela is still down and out. To make matters worse, I have an eye infection as well. So my left eye is all red and itchy..maybe pink eye. Lots of fun in then Jensen household.
The boys have been really helpful this past week. Inspired by Ratatouille, they boys have opened up a restuarant in the kitchen making lunch and dinner. Anders is the Chef and Fischer is the assistant chef/waiter. Both have 'foreign' accents which I think they think makes them more official. Last night we were presented with a menu featuring multiple choices for an appetizer/side dish and main dishes. Here is a sample of the menu:
Drinks:
Water
Milk
Chocolate Milk
Main Course:
Spaghetti
Cheese Sandwich
Bread Pizza (really just a cheese sandwich)
Anders special taco (cheese quesadilla)
Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Appetizers/Side Dish:
Cucumbers
Grape Tomatoes
Grapes
Corn
Green beans
Fruit Salad
Dessert:
Mini candy bars (leftover from the trip)
They boys took the order and then made the meals fresh. They seemed to have a lot of fun and they did a great job. They said they were going to be open tonight as well. Can't wait to see the menu.
4 comments:
How cute is that! I think I need to inspire my kids to make dinner, too. Also, tell Angela to get well, soon. It is never good when the mom is down and out!
I love it! What cleaver, talented, kids! Hope you are all well soon!
XOXO Mom/Gramma
Do they take orders for take out...across the country??? A special taco is sounding really good right. :)
Maybe I'll just make myself a dang ques-a-dill-a.
I'm glad you guys made it home safe and relatively sound! Hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment