So the wedding was a success! Clarissa and Jordan are now an eternal family. The temple was beautiful, of course. The sealing was beautiful, of course. And Clarissa was the most beautiful of all, of course! After the wedding we kept cool and changed our clothes at the visitors center. Then went to the dinner at the Nauvoo Hotel buffet, yum! After dinner we made the trek to Naperville and the Glassetts house for the night.
On Friday, we set up and decorated for the reception. For lunch we all had Giordanos Chicago style pizza which is always excellent. Then in the afternoon we got some of the food ready for the reception. Then the reception was in the evening. I think everything went well. Kate was having melt down most of the time because she's still running a fever. Josh and I had to trade off holding the girls back and forth. It's been a really long time since I saw anyone from Naperville so we had a great time seeing old friends.
Now it's Saturday evening and we are staying at one more hotel. The drive today wasn't as long as I thought it would be despite the major slowdown we had due to construction in Iowa. I think the kids, especially Kate, are really ready to be home.
2 comments:
love the posts, sounds like it was all a fun trip, talk to you soon, it was so fun to see you in utah. we love you guys! oh yeah, I love the kid bobble heads-those are great. love Racquel
Sounds like you're having a great time! It'll be fun to have you back.
Post a Comment