Fischer's Program: It had a patriotic theme. Fischer sang a "solo" with 5 other kids and did a great job! He had to try out for it and one of the teachers told him they were very impressed. He did a great job!
Citizenship Night: The entire 8th grade was required to participate or fail History class. I think the history teacher single handedly puts it together every year and it was a pretty cool program. She is an awesome teacher!
Spring Piano Recital: I think this is my favorite recital. The kids get to choose any song they want to learn and they get awards for all of their accomplishments throughout the year. Katia played a Taylor Swift song, "You Belong With Me," Fischer played a Star Wars song, "Star Wars Theme", and Anders played "What Hurts the Most" (most popular version sung by Rascal Flatts)
At the very last minute, we decided to let Anders participate in Dimple Dell's Track program with a friend. Seriously, we were signing him up after 10:30 the last night you could register. The practices are 3x a week and they have a few meets through the summer. I was a little bit crazy letting him do it, but I think it was a good experience for him. He participated in the 800m, 1600m, High jump and long jump. He got ribbons in every event. (Sorry for the small pics, the girls and I didn't want to leave the shade of the stands because it was a really HOT day.)
| Do you see the blue figure flying through the air? That's Anders. |
No comments:
Post a Comment