This post will test if anyone is still reading my blog. Lol! I'm posting for the first time in 6 months!!! I know you have fallen out of your chair right now because I'm updating this blog. Pick yourself off the floor and get comfortable. I have included MANY posts recently and post-dated them, so you'll have to scroll down and possibly to the next page if you are as far behind as I am. I use this blog mostly as a family journal, so if you don't feel like reading all of the posts that is ok. We still love you. :-) With recent developments you can probably look forward to a few more frequent posts.
Sunday, June 30th, I was released from my calling as Ward Relief Society President. The Bishop asked to speak to me Wednesday night. I was a little worried. I met with the Bishop, and he informed me that I was being released because of another calling from the Stake (I kind of figured it was for Josh.) Wednesday through Sunday I ran through the gamut of emotions. Josh was at Scout Camp with Fischer all week, so he knew nothing about these changes coming until he got home Saturday afternoon. At 11:20 on Sunday, we met with a member of the Stake Presdency. Josh was extended a call to serve as 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. The plan was to do all of these changes on July 7th, but the person being called as the new RS President wasn't going to be here that week, and after meeting with the counselor in the Stake Presidency, he said it was up to us if we wanted to do Josh's new calling that day or the next Sunday. Josh still needed to be ordained a high priest, so he called his Dad and they decided to do it that day! What a whirlwind weekend it was. And now we are readjusting to his busy schedule and my less busy one.
2 comments:
Well, that's a change! Glad it isn't Christmas any more... ;)
We're still reading!
Post a Comment