Last week started off pretty quiet. I think Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal. Not much going on, just haircuts and things. Wednesday was picture day, dance as usual, and Fischer had his interview with the Bishop which he was supposed to have last Sunday when he got sick. Oh yes, and Wednesday afternoon Kate and Fischer were playing in the family room and Kate was trying to get on the couch and accidentally kicked Fischer in the face and guess what happened? Yep, his glasses broke AGAIN! He was really upset about it. I taped them, but he won't wear them taped, so hopefully they'll get fixed faster than last time. Can an 8-year-old have lasik?
Thursday, was the last color day of preschool - purple day. Kate was dressed head to toe in purple. Hadley and I got some shopping done. I'm so glad I can take one kid shopping. Hadley has never been very good to take places in the first place and when Kate comes, depending on their moods, it's even worse. Hadley has this scream she does whenever Kate upsets her,
and it's not a quiet scream either, so you get the idea. Anyway, in the evening, Anders had another football game, and there was pack meeting. So I just assumed Anders would want to go to his game, but he didn't want to miss getting his awards either. So there was some drama there when in the end he decided to go to his game, and Josh was nice enough to take the girls with
him, so Fischer and I could enjoy pack meeting without the drama queens. (They're not very well behaved in meetings right now, especially Sacrament Meeting) It was Fischer's first Pack Meeting and he already got his Bobcat and 4 belt loops, way to go, Fischer!
Friday was kinda crazy. I cleaned the house in the morning. We have early-release every Friday, so in the afternoon, Fischer went to a birthday party, and Anders and Kate went to a friend's house. So I was hoping it would be a quiet afternoon to finish cleaning the house, but since I didn't get Hadley down for her nap at a good time, she fell asleep in the car and woke up before we got home, so when I tried to put her down again at home she refused and screamed in her room for an hour. Now, I hope you don't think I'm cruel mother, because just about every day when she wakes up from her nap, she knocks on the door. I go to open the door to let her out and
she shuts it on me. So when she was screaming in her room for an hour, it wasn't because I never tried to get her out, I did try. Every time I tried, she just shut the door on me and screamed some more. She's already hit the "terrible twos" can you tell? We had a happy 6 months where she was a very pleasant and easy going girl. Unfortunately those days have passed for now. I'm really hoping they return eventually.
On to Friday evening - Josh and I had an awesome date with friends. We along with three other couples went to Tucanos which is a Brazilian restaurant, very yummy, then saw Jim Gaffigan at Kingsbury Hall. It was a great night. If you've never heard of Jim Gaffigan, look him up on Youtube because he's HILARIOUS. I was laughing/crying the entire 2 hours! Have you ever laughed so hard you can't even laugh any more? That's what it was the whole time. It was great! I wish I could do that every night. It's very therapeutic.
Saturday we all went to Fischer's game , then straight to Anders' game. I guess I'll give a few more details about each. Fischer's team has some issues, so they lose pretty much every game by a large margin. Very frustrating for Josh, the coach. Anders' had a great game on saturday. He made 3 or 4 tackles and ran the ball in for an extra point. I think his team is 2-2 or 3-1. Anyway he's having A LOT of fun! Anyway, we got home, had lunch and Josh headed for the BYU game. Kate got to go with him this time. It was her first time to go, and she did great! She told Josh, "That was so fun!" I hate that there's always a football game for RS Conference.
It's a good thing we have DVR so I could record it. I watched it last night and enjoyed the messages. That was our great week!
6 comments:
I can not believe Fischer's glasses broke again. I'm so sorry. Poor kid!
Friday was great! Glad Cindy was so smart to have us all go. I'm ready for another girls night, is today too soon?!
How fun for Kate to go with her dad. I can't believe she's getting so big! Just think, next year she'll be in kindergarten. WOW!
sounds like really busy, but fun week--except to Fischer's glasses--again! Grace and Hadley should have a terrible two scream off!
Ah, the scream of the young. How I loathe it!
Sorry about Fischer's glasses. So not fun.
Glad football's going well for Anders, hopefully Fischer has fun even though the team's struggling.
I'm glad Kate had fun at the game - I'm sure Josh was too.
ANd I'm with Emily - can we have girl's night now please?
What a great post Angela!! So I think it's so funny that Hadley closes the door on you. And that Kate is old enough to enjoy an afternoon with Dad at a football game! Fischer and his glasses will probably never have a good relationship (I so hope that is not true, cuz poor you!!) and Anders did do great on Sat, huh???
I'm so glad you guys had a great time without me on Friday night - hehehehe... and yes, we can do a GNO tomorrow night since it will technically be September!!! ;p
I thought for sure that Nathaniel would either loose or break his glasses over and over and over again....so far so good....which is amazing because that is just who he is. Sorry Fischer has had such a hard time with his glasses!
Friday really was awesome huh! We need to be on the look out for more of those types of activities! We had a blast! Thanks for making it just that much more awesome!
your post had me cracking up. love to hear how you guys are. jim gaffigan is so funny, sounds like a great night!
Post a Comment