This fall, Anders had a tough time deciding what to play. He really wanted to play tackle football, but I wouldn't let him (for several reasons). So he finally chose flag football. I think it was a good choice, even though his friends wanted him to play soccer again. He's been able to play quarterback for the first time, which I think is something he's really wanted to do, so it's been good.
He's thrown two touchdown passes! He's still learning how to just run the ball if there's nobody open to throw to, and trying to understand the plays his coach wants him to run. But, it's been a good season for him.
Fischer says he still loves soccer, so he is playing it once again. He has had a great coach this year that works them really hard, but is still patient with each player no matter their skill level. I hope he plays for as long as he wants to.
Katia said that she wanted to play soccer this year too. She is so excited about every practice. She says she doesn't like the games as much because she doesn't like playing against another team. Sorry, sweetie, that's how you play the game. It was evident at the first game her reasons for playing. After a break, she told me I wasn't cheering loud enough for her, so when she went back in, I cheered louder and she ran down the field looking like this:
She also enjoys the treats at the end. Her coach also brings treats to every practice! I don't think she would be playing if there were no treats.
Editors note: I wrote this post a month ago, but didn't have pictures, so I am finally posting it now!
3 comments:
I have to say I love Fall soccer! And good for Anders on that football field.
btw, you got some really great pics!
REALLY great action pics. I need a new camera.
I love that Katia wanted you to cheer louder. So funny!
Let's hope that Fischer gets his love of soccer from his mom and plays for as long as you did! :-D
Post a Comment