Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kate's Rainbow Care Bear Birthday Party

Doesn't that just sound like fun!

I don't do friend parties for my kids until they turn 5, so this was Katia's first party.  I was planning for probably the past year to do a princess party because she loves princesses.  Easy.  So about a month ago, I asked her if that was ok and she said she wanted to have a Rainbow Care Bear party.  What?  Nobody sells care bears stuff anymore.  But that is what she wanted.  She said if I couldn't find care bears it would be ok to just have a rainbow party, but thanks to some luck, and friends who have held on to some Care Bears, who also let me borrow said bears, it turned out great.

We made a couple of rainbows in the house with streamers in rainbow colors.  While everyone was arriving, we had them color a Care Bear picture.  I was hoping this would familiarize them with some Care Bears, because I don't think very many of the girls knew much about them.  Then we had a game where they had to "make" clouds because the Care Bears live in the clouds.  After one of the girls said she didn't want to play, all but two of them, one being Hadley, didn't want to play either, so we mostly skipped that game.

Next we played "pin the symbol on the Care Bear's tummy".  The girls had a lot of fun with that, and we just laughed since no one even came close.

After that we played musical Care Bear's where the girls sat in a circle and passed around a Care Bear until the music stopped, and the person not holding a Care Bear was "out".  The girls enjoyed this game so much we played it 3-4 times.

Next we had a treasure hunt to find their goody bags.  OF course there was some singing and cake and presents included.  Some of the other highlights were decorating Bready Bears.

And we were also lucky enough to have a visitor from Care-a-lot.

I guess I'm not a good party planner, because we went through the games a lot faster than I expected, but it turned out O.K.  I think the girls all had a good time, and I think it turned out to be a great party.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Cambree had such a great time! It looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for inviting her.

Karen said...

Sophie talked my ear off about the tummy game. She said it was so funny when they stuck the picture on the window instead of the bear...

I'm sorry if she's the one that refused to play the first game. We're working on crap like that with her... So dang stubborn!

And what a good sport your sister is. REALLY good sport.

isshou ni said...

Aleah says"I'm glad you had fun at your birthday party! I like Care Bears and rainbows, too! I love you, you are my best Cousin, Katia!

pan x 8 said...

Are you kidding Angela?? At 5 years old, they love all that fun stuff and don't even notice that games are short, etc... they just love hanging out with each other - looks and sounds like the party was a HUGE hit!

mother of niine said...

Sounds like a very typical kids party to me! And every9one had fun--that's all that matters!! Happy birthday to Katia!