Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Hadley!

I can't believe my baby is 2!

Let's be honest. Hadley has been one of my harder babies. She cried ALL THE TIME! Even still, some days I wonder if she's just one of those people who is always sad. But, there are also days where she is really, really happy and funny. She is very caring and gets concerned when anyone in our family is sad, she will give them a hug to make them feel better. Even though her older sister likes to boss her around and take things from her, if Kate actually asks, most of the time Hadley will just give it to her anyway. So she is very sweet. Right now she thinks it's funny to run away from me for diaper changes and getting dressed, but she's just trying to play. It's some of the only time she gets my one on one attention. She is also very strong willed and will stand up to her older siblings. She is also very independent. I don't know if it's because she is the fourth child, or if she would've been like this anyway, but she is very happy when she can do things herself. We love Hadley and are so happy she has been in our family the last two years.





Here are some fun anecdotes about Hadley.

First, I was at the grocery store with Hadley and we were going to buy a cake for her birthday. So I showed her the cake that has rainbow chips in it, and a cherry chip, because it's pink, and another one. She kind of picked out the rainbow one. But then, she saw a chocolate cake on the shelf, behind the ones I was holding up, and said, "Gawkee, gawkee" So I had to buy the chocolate cake.
I like to recycle my baby toys, since they stay in good condition. So for Christmas and birthdays, I just let the kids pick out a baby toy we already have to give from a box down in our storage room. So a couple of weeks ago, one of the boys asked me, "Mom, do we need to go pick a present from the storage room for Hadley's birthday?"Everyday when the kids go off to school or preschool, this is the conversation Hadley and I have:
Hadley: Mom
Me: What?
Hadley: Ando? (Anders)
Me: He's at school.
Hadley: Ischer? (Fischer)
Me: He's at school.
Hadley: Date? (Kate)
Me: She's at preschool.
Hadley: Dad?
Me: He's at work.
Then she repeats it all back to herself. She misses her family a lot during the day.Happy Birthday Hadley!

4 comments:

Karen said...

oh, she's just so dang cute! I can't believe she's 2 already. CRAZY.

isshou ni said...

she is a great little girl--I bet she will end up being your happiest kid!

mother of niine said...

You just watch--when she is finally able to fully express herself with words, I'll bet really does that--you may not be able to shut her up--and then she'll be happy. But in spite of the tears, she is still adorable!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Hadley! I've seen first hand how sad this little girl can be and how loving and happy she can be too!.....congratulations....its a GIRL....I didn't know they came with all grown up emotions until we had Brinleigh....yup....it's a girl!