Monday, November 23, 2009
Costco - What would we do without you?
I have gone from being a Costco hater to a Costco more-frequent-shopper.
I used to hate it because every time I wanted to buy something they may or may not have it. They moved things around ALL the time. Not like other stores don't do that, but Costco seemed to move what I thought were "normal" items to completely different aisles, and it's not like they only have a few aisles to search. It would take me hours to complete a shopping trip for only a few items merely because of trying to get in and out of the parking lot!
Now that I have been a Costco member for over 2 years, I have bought everything from batteries to groceries to furniture, and I have learned a lot of things about this store (that should really be it's own zip code):
1) If you see something there that you like - BUY IT NOW! It probably won't be there the next time you come, even if it is the very next day.
2) They have a lot of really good food items (in ginormous portions, so I hope you're hungry, or having a party!)
3) On the other hand you can get almost ANYTHING you'd ever want (when it's there) or not want, but it looks really cool anyway so you want to get it.
4) The return policy is awesome! The best anywhere, and because of that I will continue to buy things there on a whim because it may not be there later, but if I decide I don't want it, I can return it at any time without the original packaging, or the receipt and there will be no questions asked.
5) They have some pretty decent deals and discounts.
For these reasons, I will continue to shop at my local Costco store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You said something last night about your Costco blog and I hadn't read it.. so I had to take a "peek" at it! =)
I am so a Costco shopper and have always been since we were married. I guess because I'm there so much I can easily guess where something is going to be... hmm (I'm there way too much!)
I agree with all of the good points about Costco - not too hot on the rebate check because mine seems to always get lost and come in increments - hmmm.. go figure!
Post a Comment