Thursday, April 30, 2009

What do you get a 10-year-old boy for his birthday?

I knew as my kids got older I couldn't just run to Target or Wal*Mart and get the cutest toy I could find for their birthdays anymore. And the things they would want would get more and more expensive.....But, seriously, I am having a hard time coming up with what to get Anders for his birthday this year. There's some safe things I COULD get but don't really want to...like legos. Or there is the thing that he REALLY wants that's over $200. Sorry, buddy, way out of the budget. Anders being the sports nut that he is has almost everything under the sun having to do with sports and I don't really want to get him more.....so I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

Here's my two cents (you asked). We got Tyler and MP3 player for Christmas and he loves it! This is his http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2678433
I also love that LDS.org lets you download the primary songs so you can put on the program songs of the year for them. It's not too high tech and if they break it, you aren't out more than $20.
Alex just got this one http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Shaker-Player-Blue/dp/B000OVBSE2/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1240501629&sr=8-1
For her birthday. It's great because you don't have to listen to it w/ headphone because it has a speaker on top. Plus it has two headphone jacks so in the car Fischer could listen too.
I didn't think Tyler would be that into it, but he totally is.
Hope that helped.

Jennifer said...

What about Bees tickets or a trip to Lagoon or something like that? My kids have Sansa Shakers, too, and they love them.

Karen said...

I can barely remember what we got Bryson THIS year, let alone when he was 10... sorry. I'm no help whatsoever... I think the mp3 or Bees tickets are both good ideas.

Megan said...

What about one of them new-fangled Webelos shirts? Bigger pockets and all...

Thomas got an MP3 player. Woot.com has them every so often at pretty good prices.

pan x 8 said...

You are facing the same dilemna I am already looking at for in June. Does he like the ripstick? Drew wants his own since his bro and sis got one for their birthdays... but the other item on his wish list, that will break the bank too!

Drew loves his MP3 player and uses it when he does his chores! ;p Sorry not much help! Good Luck!