In case you hadn't heard yet, BYU beat UCLA 59-0!
I really don't know what else to say about the game, except the game was completely lopsided. BYU dominated on offense, defense and special teams. It was great! After the first quarter, I was still a little nervous, but then UCLA coughed up 3 turnovers, resulting in 21 extra points for BYU. Midway through the 3rd qtr, BYU pulled its first stringers, and tried to run out the clock. BYU still scored at least one more time.
Last week's game against Washington was mired in controversy with a penalty, which overshadowed the blocked extra point which gave BYU the win. Well, BYU blocked a field goal again on Saturday. It was sweet. Vindication, so to speak.
I understand that BYU moved up the polls from 15 to 11 this week, so I believe BYU was able to make the statement game they needed to. Of course, with a score of 59-0, how can you not notice.
Next week: BYU plays Wyoming. This should be a win, let's hope there isn't a let down.
No comments:
Post a Comment