One of the kids favorite traditions is that we always go pick out a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We usually just drive down the road and go to the hardware store. We have gotten some really good looking trees, but they are completely dry by Christmas. So this year, I refused to get a hardware store tree. There are quite a few independent tree places around town, but in the past we have not had much success with them. This year, I was adamant. So we tried the first couple of places, and they didn't have very many trees because they were still waiting for deliveries. There had been a big snow storm earlier in the week, so the trucks never made it. After driving around for an hour, we decided to try one last place before going home to wait until later. This last place we went had a great selection! We found a really good tree at a good price. They also have live reindeer and my kids loved that! "All I want for Christmas is a reindeer!", Hadley says, "From Santa"
2 comments:
That's great you found a fun new spot to get your tree! Hope it stays nice and fresh for you.
Where'd you go? I'm thinking about getting a live tree for my upstairs.
We just went to Farnsworth Farms tonight and we love it! It's not decorated but at least it's in the house! lol... I love that tradition.. because Fri night is our Temple Square night we usually go on the Mon aftr Thanksgiving.
I'm curious to know where you went. We usually go to the lot on 9000 and State they have reindeer and Santa (that's kinda been our spot for the last 4 years) but to me, pretty expensive... And then we were going to try Home Depot to see if we could get one less expensive (but glad we didn't because of what you just shared..) so.. we'll see how Farnsworth Farm trees fare us this year!
Post a Comment