Thursday, August 5, 2010

BYU Football Couples Date Night

Last night, Josh and I had the opportunity to attend the first ever couples date night sponsored by BYU Football.  We were able to rub shoulders with a lot of the football personnel.

First there was a dinner.  We had the opportunity of sitting next to the o-line coach, Mark Webber.  Josh had a great time talking his ear off and asking some great questions.

Next we went into the locker room to look around, get a gift bag, and a photo op with Cosmo.

After that, we had Keith Stubbs entertain us with some humor.  He was pretty funny.  The rain also decided to join in on the fun.

Coach Mendenhall and his wife told us about the foundation they started and what our money was going towards.  Greg Wrubell talked for a minute, then we went into the Cougar Room at Lavell Edwards Stadium and listened to Brandon Doman, and Coach Higgins? (Josh can correct me).  They taught us about offense and defense.  We then had a Q&A with some of the players.  Walter Kahaialii performed 2 songs playing guitar and singing.  He was pretty good!  Then we were supposed to have some stations with different position players, but lightning struck close by, so we were shuffled back inside for some trivia with Mark Webber.  It was husbands vs. wives, and the wives won, of course.  I even answered one of the questions right!  We did finally get to do one station with the DBs, then get our picture taken with Coach Mendenhall and his wife.  (That picture was taken professionally, but here is one I took with just Coach and Josh before dinner as the Coach was walking through.)  After that, the rain and threat of more lightning on the way caused them to call it a night.

It was a fun evening.  I would have liked to have done a few more of the stations, if the weather cooperated.  I thought I knew a lot about football, but after reading The Blind Side, and attending last night, I'm learning a lot more of the ins and outs of each position, and really enjoying it!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

How fun for you two! And good for you for wanting to learn more about football!

Karen said...

What a fun night! I'm sure Josh was in heaven. I'm glad that you had a great time too!

Liz said...

That is Josh heaven. He can die now.

pan x 8 said...

I'm with Karen... of course Josh would see that opportunity and seize it!! He must've been in heaven..