
If you don't want to know the results, don't read this.
I got hooked on this show because we love the Bonnie Hunt Show, and she talks about it on there all the time. So I suggested we start watching so we would know what she's talking about. I think I tried watching it a long time ago, but had a hard time catching it. We didn't have DVR then, so now it's much easier to just record and watch whenever. I love it, Josh not as much of a fan.
Anyway, the finale was on Sunday. I thought from pretty early on that Tammy and Victor would win. I was really rooting for Margie and Luke. Because of my major, and a roommate of mine in college I've taken an ASL class and understand a little about deaf culture. I thought they were a really strong team and were in the lead, but, sadly, they didn't win. Even though they had some arguments with Keisha and Jen (I never liked them), I think they played the game well. It was so touching how he was so grateful to his mom for being able to sign and for doing the race with him. It was his dream, not hers. What a sacrifice for her. I'm sure she has overcome a lot in her life raising a deaf son, and to do this crazy race for him, was just icing on the cake.
5 comments:
I don't watch that show so, I don't really have any response to this post! :)
Although, I took an ASL class at SLCC before I had kids, and the teacher was deaf. He didn't say a word the entire course, so we had to just learn as best we could. But on the last day of class, he started talking to us! We all gasped, and were so surprised. He told us that in an earlier class when he started talking, one of the girls was so shocked she started to cry. It was crazy. I'm sure he loved that last day just seeing everyone's reactions to his speaking!
Pretty long non-comment, right?
I totally love that show! But have never seen a season, except once I watched a re-run season on some other cable channel!
I wish I could remember that! ;p
I LOVE Amazing Race....I'm not a faithful watcher because it is on at such and odd time....but I love seeing all of the amazing places that they visit.
My dream is to be on the show some day. Jay and I practice everytime we are on vacation. On our last trip we took a few trips on the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)...and even used a map to navigate around the city a little. When we were running a little late for our whale watching cruise I ran the whole length of the pier....when the guy in charge said that I didn't need to run cause they would hold the boat for us....I said "That's o.k.....we're training for the Amazing Race"....don't think he got the reference....but it made me laugh!
We too wanted Margie and Luke to win, or the Red Heads, but we're partial that way.
I wanted Margie and Luke to win also,I was just really glad that those two girls didn't win. They annoyed the crap out me!
Post a Comment